Where will China's textile industry go in 2019?
COTV GLOBAL LIVE
At the invitation of U.S. Treasury Secretary manuchin, vice premier Liu He will visit the United States from January 30 to 31 to consult with the U.S. side on economic and trade issues between the two countries and jointly promote the implementation of the important consensus of the two heads of state, said Gao Feng, a spokesman for the Ministry of Commerce on January 17. This is relatively good news for Chinese textile and garment export enterprises facing many uncertainties.
According to statistics, the monthly growth rate of China's textile and clothing exports has declined significantly since October 2018. In December 2018, the overall export of China's textile industry experienced another negative growth year on year. According to the statistics released by the customs, in US dollars, in December 2018, China's textile and clothing exports amounted to US $23.117 billion, a year-on-year decrease of 3.65%. Among them, the export volume of textiles was US $9882 million, a year-on-year decrease of 2.63%, the first year-on-year decrease since April 2018; the export volume of clothing was US $13.235 billion, a year-on-year decrease of 4.39%, a further increase compared with last month.
So, in this case, where will China's textile and clothing foreign trade situation go in 2019? How to deal with export textile enterprises?
Sino US trade frictions are still uncertain
In 2018, many uncertainties of Sino US trade frictions had a profound impact on the export business of textile enterprises to the international market. In the first half of 2018, textile and clothing exports were relatively stable and slightly increased. The "change" in the second half of the year is mainly reflected in the psychological "panic" of textile enterprises caused by trade friction between China and the United States, which affects clothing exports. Although the industry's export performance in September 2018 was good, in fact, it was mainly in the context of trade friction between China and the United States. In order to minimize losses, many orders "scrambled for export". From November, the export of clothing showed negative growth.
Some experts predict that China's textile and garment export environment will still face great uncertainty in 2019. Considering that the U.
Consumption upgrading increases import dividend
China has the largest and most dynamic textile and clothing consumer market in the world, which is the fundamental support for the sustainable and healthy development of the textile industry. In 2016, China surpassed the United States for the first time, becoming the world's largest clothing retail market. According to the data of the National Bureau of statistics, in 2017, the retail sales of clothing, shoes and hats in China were about US $200 billion, up 7.8% year on year, 3.8 times more than 10 years ago.
Some experts believe that in the next 10 years, China may change from an export power to an import power, and China is changing from a manufacturing power to a consumer power. In this process, the tariff will be reduced. In 2018 alone, the comprehensive tariff will be reduced from 9.8% to 7.5%. It can be seen that expanding imports is an inevitable demand for consumption upgrading.
In addition, since January 1, 2019, China has expanded the preferential tax policies for cross-border e-commerce engaged in import trade, and the scope of application of the preferential policies for cross-border import has been expanded to 37 cities, and the tax-free limit for single transaction has been increased to 5000 yuan. This reflects the booming trend of cross-border e-commerce in China.
It is worth noting that according to the relevant statistical data, at present, China's per capita spending on clothing is less than 200 US dollars per year, and there is still a gap between China's textile and clothing consumption level of more than 1000 US dollars from developed countries. This gap shows that there is considerable development space for China's export textile and clothing enterprises to produce domestic products or to switch to import trade.
In 2019, China's textile and garment foreign trade enterprises should firmly seize these new opportunities and make breakthroughs in the export to domestic sales.
Improving quality is the king
In 2019, it may be a watershed for China's foreign trade enterprises of textile and clothing, facing the rise of protectionist forces in international market trade, the rise of RMB exchange rate since the beginning of the year, the increase of labor and other production costs instead of decreasing, the country's increasingly strict requirements on environmental protection and other practical problems, foreign trade export enterprises need to fundamentally change their living conditions. Seeking a breakthrough in high quality is the magic weapon for an enterprise to stand on the domestic and international market.
For export enterprises to expand the international market, high-quality products are the foundation to enhance the image of Chinese products. Some experts suggest that if Chinese businessmen want to base themselves on overseas markets, they must improve the quality of their products and establish their own brands. High quality is the key to future competition, as well as passports that are popular in mature markets.
The expert suggested that in the future, the export of textile and clothing should be changed from "extensive operation" to "intensive farming" in the countries and regions along the belt and road. From the perspective of specific countries, ethnic groups, aesthetic standards and consumption levels, the market segmentation study should be strengthened, starting from "supply and demand creation", with more creative designs and varieties and better systems. To expand the development space.
The information on this site comes from the network and related members, and the website has done its duty to review it.Due to the uncontrollability of the exhibition process, some of the exhibition information inside the station may change the theme, postponed or canceled the event, please exhibitors and visitors must verify with the other party before the exhibition!All the exhibitions in this site are not hosted / co-organized or organized, if there are any disputes during the exhibition, please hold the main responsibility of the exhibition organization! QQ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org WeChat: 523138820 Mobile: 15313206870
- 2019 Yunnan beauty fair Kunming beauty fair Beauty Cosmetics Exhibition
- 2019-12-05 TO 12-07
- Yunnan Kunming International Convention and Exhibition Center
- 2018 the 20th Beijing International Toy and preschool education supplies exhibition
- 2019-05-11 TO 05-13
- 6 North 3rd Ring East Road, Beijing
- 2019 Shanghai International Gifts and promotional products exhibition
- 2019-07-25 TO 07-27
- 2345 Longyang Road, Pudong New Area, Shanghai
- 2019 the 8th China (Qingdao) International Tea Industry Expo and Zisha, ceramics, tea supplies exhibition
- 2019-10-18 TO 10-21
- 9 Miaoling Road, Laoshan District, Qingdao, Shandong Province
- 2020 China Shanghai international precision optical technology and Equipment Exhibition
- 2020-05-25 TO 05-27
- Solar photovoltaic will become the core theme of Lyon lighting exhibition in 2019
- With the support of national policies, energy storage has become another hot area of lithium battery application, attracting a lot of capital investment. So, what is the current situation and Prospect...
- Congratulations on the grand opening of the 19th China International Rubber Technology Exhibition and the 22nd International adhesive and sealant exhibition in Shanghai New International Expo Center!
- Congratulations on the grand opening of 2019 Shanghai smart home, smart lock, International Federation of things and artificial intelligence exhibition in Shanghai New International Expo Center!
- Congratulations on the grand opening of China (International) seasoning and food ingredients Expo 2019 in Guangzhou International Convention and Exhibition Center, China!
- Looking forward to the world mobile conference: what innovative technologies will mobile phone manufacturers release?
- Warm congratulations on the grand opening of 2019 China home stay industry Ningbo Expo in Ningbo International Convention and Exhibition Center!
- "Exhibition notice" turkey building materials exhibition 2019
- Warm congratulations on the grand opening of the 7th Shanghai international school uniform garden uniform exhibition and the 7th Shanghai international professional dress Expo in Shanghai World Expo e...
- The 20th China Food Expo will debut in Shanghai New International Expo Center for the first time
- The 18th Shanghai International Automobile Industry Exhibition 2019 opened in the National Convention and Exhibition Center (Shanghai)!
- Congratulations on the grand opening of the 22nd Asia pet Expo 2019 in Shanghai New International Expo Center from August 21 to August 25, 2019!
- Warm congratulations on the grand opening of the 2nd China new retail Expo / the 9th micro business and social e-commerce Expo in Shanghai New International Expo Center!
- 2019 the 21st China International Exhibition of ground materials and pavement technology opens in Shanghai New International Expo Center!
- Congratulations on the grand opening of the 113th China Daily Necessities Fair 2019 in Shanghai New International Expo Center!